Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Happy Jamhuri Day!



Today, my beloved Kenya celebrates
Jamhuri day. December 12 marks Kenya's independence from Great Britain in 1963. Kenya has had 49 years of independence! This tough journey is being celebrated and commemorated by various agencies worldwide.


Check out Google’s tributeà



Also check out Jackstone Ambuka's



Though I am not there, I am celebrating my roots and humble beginning by honoring those who fought for me to be able to live and travel freely.



Today, I celebrate frrreeeeeedooooom!(in my Braveheart voice).

I wish everyone in Kenya and abroad a happy Jamhuri day!

In true Kenyan fashion, I celebrate and toast this occasion while sipping a cup of piping hot Kenyan tea!

I leave you with the Kenyan national anthem.

 
 
 
                Happy Jamhuri day!

No comments:

Post a Comment