Friday, February 6, 2015

Growing pains

Reflections


A few weeks ago, Baby Z and I left El Dorado and traveled to Houston. We have been here for more than a month and loving the change in our daily routine. Driving to Houston was another great undertaking, one that I had been dreading since my family called and asked me to come. This was my first time driving back to Houston since the accident. It went well. We made it safely. 

Z loves it here. She has all the relatives wrapped around her finger. She is thriving and flourishing with each passing day. She is learning to count and meeting new friends. I am getting a much needed break and time to study. I haven't spent much time with her since we got here. I have to remember that I came here with a purpose and I am determined to stay on course. I have been to the library everyday and even though I miss my little rug rat, I know that she is safe, secure and being properly cred for. Every evening I come home and she jumps in my arms eager to show me what she has learned. She gives me hugs and kisses simply for being her mama. We snuggle watching one of her shows, then we Skype with her dad. Every time we Skype, she grabs the Ipad and kisses her dad. She may not understand everything we talk about, but she is always happy to chime in with a coo or a squeal, which makes our evening chats very fun.  

Though my current situation is not ideal, I have it better than most people. I have to keep things in perspective. Right now it is raining on me and my house, but I know that sunny days are ahead. The good thing about being a Christian is knowing that when it rains, it rains the same. It rains on the just and unjust. I have to stand and let the torrents come. I can't pick and choose when to praise. The only thing I can hope for is a quietening of the mind and a peace in my heart. There has to be a time for tilling, turning the soil and pruning the vines in preparation for a season of planting. All the preparations, when done properly, yields a bountiful harvest. So, I stand. I endure. I persevere with God's help. Always remembering, not my will, but His Will.

1/7/15

No comments:

Post a Comment